Samsung believes in the future of foldable smartphones, and is proving it not only with the release of two devices (Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Fold) but also working hard to produce the displays that will serve for future versions.
Currently, the division of the company that deals with making this type of display produces about 260 thousand units per month. However, this number is expected to grow following greater demand.
Samsung foldable displays production will quadruple in 2020
By May, it is expected that the monthly output will be approximately 600 thousand units. Also, they will arrive late in the year to a number close to a million pieces (about 4 times the current capacity).
This will serve not only to support the creation of the next Galaxy Fold. But also to supply all the other companies that want to throw themselves into the folding sector.
If this niche of devices truly achieves the success and penetration that Samsung hopes for, then the technological advancements that the company is working on now will be amply rewarded.
It is expected that the South Korean company will launch its second galaxy Fold this year with better design and specs.
Samsung Galaxy Fold specifications
- 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max. 2.84 GHz + 2.41 GHz + 1.78 GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS. 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture. 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4380mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging